Friday, September 19, 2008

Back in the saddle again...



Well, it's been a whole workweek. WOO! A week on the new schedule!

Things are progressing well. The first day was uber rough. J was clingy and whiny and I was missing him like mad. Not to mention the fact that I was back at work - a pace and environment that I had eluded for a whole year and 2 weeks. What if I forgot how to do everything?

I quickly fell back into the routine, though, and my fingers knew JUST what to do when I got back on the system - like riding a bike... My job is quite repetitive, and involves a lot of checking and double checking, so it was - dare I say it? - soothing (?) to get back into the thick of things. Plus, all the things I took for granted about being on my OWN schedule (bathroom breaks when I needed them, hot beverages consumed WHILE HOT, an hour scheduled for lunch, popping over to the mall on breaks, a whole hour a day on the train to read, chatting with ADULTS!) were that much sweeter since I'd been on J's schedule for so long! And J is adapting nicely to Nana-daycare (and so is my mum). He's even started eating grown-up foods! And he only barfed all over my parents kitchen once! (LOL!)

I still miss him like mad, but I try to look more forward to the time I DO get to spend with him - dinner, before bed, WEEKENDS! I can't wait to go shopping with him on the weekend! And I enjoy calling my parents - at 10:00 and 3:00 :) - to get mini-updates ("He ate ALL his breakfast and we went for a walk to the grocery store!" "He pooped all over his clothes, so I tossed them in the wash. Now he's playing with Grampa in the living room."), they make me feel... Connected :)

This week has also given me the opportunity to view my old eating habits and figure out what I need to change. It's so easy for me to slip back into the unhealthy and costly lifestyle I led before I got pregnant. The food court is SO CLOSE and full of tempting, yummy and FATTY foods, and it's SO easy to grab a donut/muffin/chocolate bar at the first pang of hunger. I'm going to do up a whole meal plan for the week, not only for me, but for J too - I've got to get him eating more finger foods, and less purees - and do a MASSIVE grocery shop! I gotta admit, I'm kind of excited!

I'm reading now, too! I'm halfway through the first book I've picked up in 2 years (eek! Has it been THAT long?!). I used to be such an avid reader, my nose CONSTANTLY jammed in some giant novel. Over the years, other things took so much more presidence... Boys, work, SLEEP, partying... I never had time... Now I remember how important and totally enjoyable reading is! I'm completely engrossed in this book (the first in a series of 5(?)), holding my breath and laughing out loud, frantically turning the page to find out what happens next - I missed that :) And I have a huge crush on Edward Cullen (a character from the novel). He's so dreamy. *wink*

Anyhoo, that's it for now, I've got to go and finish my workday so I can get home and play with J.

Life is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment