Friday, February 12, 2010

Definitely not the shy type...

[A cross post from my private family blog]

My son is the most outgoing and outspoken 2.5 year old I've ever met.

Heck, I'll go as far as saying, he's one of the most outgoing people I've ever met.

He asks for what he wants, when he wants it. No social conventions holding him back, no years of being told "No, not now."

J: "I want chocolate, mommy."
Me: "Dude! It's 7am!"
J: *Big grin* "Ya, I want chocolate for breakfast!"

"Nana, I want to paint!"
"Papa, can you come home with us?"
"Grandma, read me a book!"

He catches people's eyes as we walk through the supermarket. Waving to old men and pretty ladies "Hi lady! Hey mommy, lady looks like mommy. Pretty hair."

When people walk by without smiling or acknowledging him, he dramatically jumps out of the way "Oops! Sorry lady!", a mortified look on his face.

On Friday we were at the mall, we strolled into Zellers and he walked straight up to a salesperson stacking boxes,

J: "Hi lady!"
Lady: "Um, hi there..."
J: "Looking for the toys."
L: "Pardon me?"
J: *slightly louder* "Looking for the toys."
L: "Oh! *smiles* Well you just go down this isle and turn left..."
J: "Thank you!" *walks confidently in the direction of the toy section*

He routinely asks me out of the blue, "Mommy, let's dance." and I'll whisk him up in my arms and we'll twirl around the room to Etta James or Weezer or whoever is on the radio as he gleefully squeals "MORE! MORE!"

He's been known to kiss boo-boos without being asked and wrap his arms around your neck and whisper "I yuv you" in your ear.

I can't imagine my life without him, he's the best thing since sliced bread (although I might be SLIGHTLY biased... :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment