Monday, December 1, 2008

Bah. Humbug.

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
Mr. Grinch.

~ You're a mean one Mr. Grinch, By: Dr. Seuss ~

Gah. I hate feeling low during the holiday season. I hate walking into a mall, hearing carols blaring over the sound system and wanting to claw my ears off. It almost seems like... a sacrilege?

We put up our tree last night, even went to see Santa with J, and everything was all cheery and such. Then today it was like a giant black cloud hovered overtop my head and sucked all the serotonin out of me. I feel... Drained of jolliness.

Normally I love the holidays. The stockings, the tree, the hot chocolate, the crisp cold walks outdoors, the sound of snow underfoot. Normally people smiling at me just makes me happier, but today... Today I don't just want to crawl into a hole and revel in my own grumpiness. Today I want to take candy from babies (I mean, what baby should be eating candy anyhow), trip happy people, cut in front of everyone on the road. Today I want to be a huge bitch. And chocolate isn't helping. It's getting scary.

I'm trying hard to repress this inner Scrooge, but I don't know how long I can stave it off. It wants to squash your holiday cheer into a gooey drippy mess. And then laugh. Eek.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the gnarly bah-humbug feeling has subsided!!!

    Its snowed here in Vancouver last night - INSANE! I woke up this morning with a chill in the air and snow on the ground and I was sure it was Dec 25th ... Made me miss home like mad :(

    ReplyDelete