Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Urgh.

So I've got the liver of a binge drinker, I'd say alcoholic, but that's not a word I throw around lightly.

Now, if you know me at all, you're probably thinking "WTF? She doesn't drink at ALL! Well, maybe the occasional fruity thing (more juice than booze) or well-nursed bottle of beer. She always prefers a glass of pop!"

And therein lies the problem. The pop. The sweets. The yummy deliciousness that is FRUCTOSE. (Oh, well that and: lack of exercise, the fact that I had Gestational Diabetes, the plates upon plates of white pasta, & the fact that my BMI is as high as a kite.)

How did I come upon this wonderful little nugget of news, you ask? Well, I've been having some stomach problems. Nothing big, just some things that made me wonder. My doc, being the awesome lady she is, left no stone unturned and wanted to get to the heart of things. A sonogram of my abdomen showed no enlarged organs, no rampant disease, infection or injury, but it did show some ripples on my liver. Ripples of fat. Yuck.

Apparently fatty deposits on the liver are common in North Americans. Especially overweight, sedentary North Americans. North Americans that like to indulge TOO MUCH.
And that's me. I'm not obese, but I do tend to carry a little too much extra weight around my midsection. After I had J, I lost 30 pounds on a low carb diet. I thought it would be something I could stick with (and I did for a year), but then slowly I started sneaking too much fast-food and processed goodies (CHOCOLATE! CANDY! CAKE! YUM!) into my face hole. Needless to say... Hi again 30 pounds! You SUCK.

So I'm back on the wagon. The weight loss & healthy eating wagon. This time I need to have a diet I can maintain. I need to fully change the way I eat FOREVER. I need to get back to the basics and cut out the refined crap, the pre-made dinners, the mountain of candy, the junk and eat more leafy greens, more red and orange veggies and DRINK MORE WATER.
Not only for me and my liver. But for the 4 year old that watches everything I do, and is far too much like his mommy.

*** And on a side note... Blogger is being a big hairy bitch, so I may be changing blogging platforms soon, just a heads up. I haven't been able to access my dashboard in at least 8 weeks now, and I'm getting kinda fed up. Stay tuned, and be prepared to update your links once again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment