Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Full up

I look blearily at my earbuds, trying to figure out which is the right one to jam into my left ear. I've steeped my tea and settled into my desk to start work (thank God for office jobs, I don't think I could survive long doing something that requires me to lift more than my cup to my mouth, especially if it's not in a temperature controlled space).

I'm exhausted, bloated and slightly sunburnt, but I'm wonderfully content. It was a phenomenal long weekend. A weekend of zoos and beaches. Chubby little feet slpashing in ice-cold water, much needed mom hugs, blazing sun on my not-lotioned-enough back, and cool wind on my face. The perfect balance of yin and yang, hot and cold, sweet and salty, home and away, big talk and little talk. I feel like I've accomplished so much in 3 days, like I've been everywhere and everything to everyone important.

I'm full with happy.

Life is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment