Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trivial

I was pissed off.

I found myself being forced to take the lead on something I didn't sign up for. I made it clear that I didn't want to hold the reigns, but there I was at the front of the stagecoach going "WTF?!"

I was bitter and grumbly and THISFRIGGENCLOSE to raising a big 'ol stink.

But, I remembered flying off the handle in the past, and lemme tell you, people, foot tastes pretty crappy. So I put a sock in it (sans foot) and decided to read some blogs. Listening to(or reading) other people bitching/celebrating/talking about random crap helps me put schtuff in perspective.

I came upon this post:

One More Summer

And sure enough, perspective achieved.

Here I was, bitching and moaning about taking on a little more responsibility (and only for a couple of days, too) and to what end? To help raise money for the friggen HEART & STROKE FOUNDATION.

"But that means I'll have to WOOOOOOOOOOOORK.... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..."

Goddamn it, what the heck is wrong with me? NOTHING. That's the point. I'm perfectly healthy (well, if you don't count the occasional asthma attack... WHICH I DON'T). I've never had cancer. I've never had a heart attack. I've never suffered a horrible illness with no end in sight.

Sure I don't have a heck of a lot of free time or spare cash, but I do have SOME free time, and SOME spare cash. And what would I usually do with either one of those things? What's that? Buy a bag of chips and veg in front of the TV, you say? DING DING DING! We have an winner! Tell the lady what she's won!

I'm very humbled. And lucky.

Go hug your loved ones, and donate a few bucks/hours to a worthy cause. 'Cause do you really need that bag of chips/Jerry Springer episode? I don't.

1 comment:

  1. That is very reflective Missus.

    Way to put it out there.

    We all have these feelings time to time and it’s when they rear their ugly (yet totally normal) head when the need for perspective and reflection is more than ever.

    ReplyDelete