Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not as bad as suspected

So the trip to replace my card wasn't half as bad as I suspected it would be. I found the branch nearest to my work, didn't have to wait in line, showed them my ID, and BLAMMO, 2 minutes later I had a temp. card in my hand and a permanent one mailed to my house. The clerk was really sympathetic too (it's happened to her 3 times), which made me loathe the situation less.

This has also happened to about 7 other people I work with, leading me to believe the scammers are somewhere near here. Needless to say, I won't be using my card around these parts anymore. Cash only for this chicka.

So yeah - good times with the bank card. Whee...

1 comment:

  1. ***REPOSTED AFTER CURSING MY TYPING *** I had this same thing happen to me about 4 times over the course of a 6 month period last year. All from the same place, my local mall. Lucky for you it was easy to replace your card :) I bank with PC and since they only have locations in SuperStores I had to truck all the way to Burnaby to get my card replaced when it was hacked AND I had $200 taken from me!!! ARSEHOLES

    ReplyDelete